One of my favorite ingredients, Hyaluronic Acid, is a skincare hero. My skin responds so well to HA. My skin is dry, and I have rosacea, which often causes sensitivity. HA immediately soothes, hydrates, and plumps my skin.
Also known as HA, is a sugar found naturally in our skin that holds water and helps keep it hydrated and plump. The most significant amounts of HA are found in your skin, connective tissue, and eyes. HA is critical in maintaining skin hydration and can hold up to 1000 times its weight in water to keep your skin hydrated.
Perhaps you've heard the term trans-epidermal water loss, or TEWL for short? TEWL is the scientific term for the measurement of how much water is evaporated from the skin. When a product prevents TEWL, that means it's keeping your skin hydrated by making sure that moisture doesn't escape from your skin's surface. Hyaluronic Acid does precisely that by slowing the rate at which the water evaporates.
HA, like all things occurring naturally in our bodies, starts to decline as we age. When you add exposure to UV rays, smoke, and pollution; it decreases even faster. Its main benefits are moisturizing, reducing the appearance of wrinkles, replenishing cell moisture, and helping speed up wound healing.
One of the leading causes of wrinkles is dehydrated skin; HA replenishes lost moisture reducing the appearance of fine lines. HA is safe for all skin types to use, even sensitive or breakout-prone skin because it is non-irritating.
Some with oily or acne-prone skin want to apply harsher chemicals to "strip" the skin of oil. It's important to know that most acne-prone skin doesn't have a strong lipid barrier, which encourages inflammation and irritation. HA adds hydration, helps protect the lipid barrier and is recommended for sensitive or acne-prone skin.
If your skin is visibly scarred from acne, HA will not fill in those scars. However when combined with a tool like an at-home micro-needling roller, over time, Hyaluronic Acid can make skin appear smoother.
Did you know that Hyaluronic Acid also comes in an injectable form? Most injectable fillers available today, such as Restylane, Juvéderm, Voluma, and Belotero, are made with HA, injected into the skin's deeper layers to restore lost volume. Being an HA injectable, it will dissolve naturally. Always consult with an experienced injector to know which one is right for you.
Not wanting injections? Stick with creams and serums with HA to do wonders for rejuvenation and hydration.
Are you ready to hydrate, firm, plump, and heal your skin? Choose products with Hyaluronic Acid.
Wondering what the best Hyaluronic Product to get is?
Here are my top recommended products.
Hexapeptide Revitalizing Serum – This rich serum will be a game-changer for you. HA to plump and hydrate combined with peptides to help speed up collagen production.
- Peptides mimic skin's collagen production mechanism and combat visible signs of aging related to collagen depletion by specifically targeting skin cell renewal.
- GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) is an amino acid that aids in wrinkle reduction by relaxing those facial muscles that tend to remain tense, creating certain types of wrinkles. Its action is similar to that of Botox.
- Commonly referred to as the "needle-free" alternative to Botox, Argireline™ is a peptide that relaxes facial tension and inhibits muscle contractions, forming deep lines of expression, leading to a reduction in facial lines and wrinkles.
Ferulic+C Antioxidant Serum - This serum is a nourishing age-defying serum that offers excellent moisturizing and environmental protection due to its natural UVB/UVA defending properties.
- A highly stable form of Vitamin C polypeptide neutralizes free radicals and helps to even skin tone.
- Plant-derived pseudo-collagen and Hyaluronic Acid soften and hydrate.
- Ferulic acid increases the benefits of Vitamin C and E, attacking free radicals and building collagen.
- Jojoba reduces transdermal water loss without blocking skin.
- Salicylic acid is a beta hydroxyl acid with keratolytic and anti-inflammatory activity.
Learn more about Stormie, the visionary behind the esteemed skincare line, "Beautiful by Storm." With a deep-rooted passion for skincare and a keen understanding of aesthetic nuances, Stormie has crafted a range of products that are a testament to excellence, innovation, and the art of enhancing natural beauty. Beyond her successful skincare line, she is also the proud owner of "Beautiful Aesthetics" located in Frisco, TX. At this state-of-the-art medspa, Stormie and her dedicated team offer a plethora of advanced treatments, ensuring clients leave feeling rejuvenated, confident, and truly beautiful. With a holistic approach and a commitment to excellence, Stormie's endeavors in the world of aesthetics have undoubtedly set new benchmarks in the industry.